President Trump pushes for ban on modified gun US President Donald Trump has signed an order to ban bump-stock devices, which were used by a gunman who killed 58 Las Vegas concert-goers last year. Speaking at the White House, Mr. Trump said he had directed the Department of Justice to propose a law to make the accessories illegal. The Republican president said that school safety was a "top priority" for his administration. The gun control debate has been renewed by last week's Florida school shooting. Students and parents affected by that massacre, which left 17 dead, are planning a demonstration in the state capital of Tallahassee on Wednesday. In all around 100 students, spread across three buses, made the journey of more than seven hours to the state capital. For many of these students, it is their first time to the capitol building in Tallahassee - much less to lobby their lawmakers over a national issue. There is an excitement among the students, who sense that they may be on the cusp of starting a national movement. At an event on Tuesday recognising the bravery of law enforcement, Mr. Trump said he had directed Attorney General Jeff Sessions to finalise new guidelines to declare bump stocks illegal "very soon". SOURCE: BBC News ---DECRYPTED---