Israel vows to continue bombing Gaza Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel's military offensive in the Gaza Strip may be an extended operation, while Hamas' armed wing confirmed that three of its top commanders were killed in an air strike. Mr. Netanyahu at a news conference said, the war launched last month will be a continued campaign aimed at restoring calm and safety to Israeli citizens. However, fighting resumed last Tuesday after a week-long truce in Gaza collapsed with both sides blaming each other after Palestinian fighters launched rockets into Israel. At least 21 people are reported killed by Israeli air strikes in Gaza since the ceasefire collapsed, raising the total death toll to two thousand and 35 since the beginning of Israel's Operation Protective Edge. Source: ALJAZEERA